Microsoft is working tirelessly on Windows updates to make MS Windows more safe and reliable for the users. However, there are some errors that can occur while downloading and installing the Windows updates. One such error is Error Code 8007000E. This error occurs when windows tries to search for the updates. In order to fix error code 8007000E, you need to solve the root causes of its occurrence.
If you are also encountering this type of error then this post can help you significantly. Here, we will explain the different methods by which you can solve error code 800700E.
Causes of Error Code 8007000E
Before moving on to the solutions, we should discuss the various causes of Error 8007000E. If we have to list down, there are four main reasons behind this error as given below:
- Accumulation of too many junk files and data.
- Corrupt software distribution folder.
- Damaged system files.
- Any malware or virus infection obstructing the installation of Windows updates.
How to Fix Error 8007000E?
As we have stated earlier you have to fix the root cause in order to solve Error code 8007000E. Here are the methods you can try to fix this error code.
Method 1: Installing the KB3102810 Update.
You should download and install KB3102810 update to solve 8007000E error. Follow the steps given below:
- Download the KB3102810 update from the Microsoft website but do not install it straight away.
- Restart your Computer.
- Now, install the downloaded KB3102810 update.
- Restart your PC once again after the installation.
Method 2: Removing the Junk Files.
Accumulation of junk files with active threats can also cause the 8007000E error. Follow the steps given below to remove junk Files.
- Press Windows + X keys simultaneously.
- Choose “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list.
- Click on “yes” to run command prompt.
- Type “cleanmgr” and press enter.
- The system will automatically run and ask you to check the box against the files you want to delete.
- Select the files to delete and click “Ok”.
Method 3: Installing the pending updates.
You may also install the pending Windows updates to fix error 8007000E.
- Click on the Start button and type “Update” in the search box.
- From the search result, locate any uninstalled windows update and install it again after right clicking on it.
- Restart your PC and check if you are able to fix error code 8007000E or not.
Method 4: Repairing Windows system files.
You should also repair the windows system files to resolve 8007000E error.
- Click on “Start” button and open “Accessories” under “All programs”.
- Run command prompt as administrator
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the command prompt and press enter.
- Wait till the system file checker repair the windows system files.
- Restart your computer and install the updates.
You can try all of these methods one by one to fix the error code 8007000E.
- Before following the above mentioned steps to fix 8007000E error, you should make sure that you have at least 7 GB free space in your Hard disk.
- Remember a weak internet connection can also be the reason why windows are not able to download updates.
- In case none of the above mentioned methods work for you then you should run an advanced virus/ malware scan in your PC.