Gmail is undoubtedly the most popular online service of Google. It is a feature-rich, sophisticated, and reliable webmail service. It has got all the functions and features that we expect from an ideal email service. However, just like in any other email service, some errors and issues can also occur in Gmail as well. The situation of Gmail not working can be even more frustrating and confusing in case you use Gmail as your primary email account. This can help you significantly in case Gmail not working on your computer. Here, we will discuss some simple and more advanced solutions that you can try in order to fix the Gmail stopped working problem.
Common errors and issues with Gmail
As we know Gmail not working is a common term that we use in case we are unable to use our Gmail account. In fact, there are a large number of particular problems, issues, and errors that a Gmail user might have to face. Given below is the list of the most commonly reported errors and issues reported by a lot of Gmail users on a regular basis.
- Unable to sign-in to Gmail
- Gmail not opening on Windows 10
- Gmail stopped working on Windows 10
- Can’t use Gmail on iPhone
- Gmail not receive new emails
- Unable to send email through my Gmail account
- Gmail account is hacked
- Receiving a large number of spam emails on Gmail
- Gmail account is blocked by Google.
- Unable to sign-in to Gmail
- Gmail POP/ IMAP issues
- Can’t configure a Gmail account on an iPhone
- Not able to use Gmail on an Android device
- Gmail App not working
In addition to the problem listed above, there are many more issues that you might have to deal with while using a Gmail account.
What are the reasons why Gmail not working for you?
There are several possible reasons why Gmail might not work for you properly. We can predict the exact reason behind the problem only after knowing the particular issue you are facing. However, there are some reasons that are very common among the users as given below.
- Try to open Gmail on an incompatible application
- Plugins or extensions installed in the web browser interfering with the proper workflow of Gmail.
- There are way too many cookies and caches stored in the web browser.
- You are not connected to the Internet
- Problems due to Privacy settings in Gmail
- In case you are not able to receive Email then it is possible that there are some filters in your Gmail account.
- Your Gmail account might be blocked by Google. Generally, an account is blocked because of sending a large number of spam emails
- The size or format of the file that you are trying to send via Gmail might not be supported. This is the most common reason in case you are unable to send email through your Gmail account.
- Your account is blocked by the user to which you are looking to send an email.
- There is a virus infection in your laptop or computer.
- You have mistakenly blocked the person from which you are expecting an email.
- You are using an outdated version of the application in case you are facing problems with Gmail.
How to fix Gmail not working on Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer?
In case you are facing a problem with Gmail while working on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. then you should follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- First of all, check your Internet connection and make sure it is working smoothly.
- Restart your computer and see if this simple fix resolves the problem.
- Make sure you are using Gmail on a compatible browser. For the best performance, you should Gmail on popular browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Check the extensions and plugins installed in your browser. You can remove such extensions that might conflict with Gmail.
- Clear the browser data in case the problem continues. The browser data include cache, cookies, etc.
- Check and confirm that the Gmail servers are not down in your area. To check the same you may visit the Google down-detector website.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus application and run Gmail once again.
- Ensure that your browser’s privacy settings are not too high.
- In case the problem persists for a longer time then you may consider switching to a different browser and device.