How to Change My Comcast Email password
How to change Comcast email password? Changing the password of Comcast email is required mainly for security purpose. There can be other reasons too why one might want to change Comcast email password. But in order to do so, one needs to know the right steps to change Comcast password. In this article, the easy ways through which the password of Comcast email can be changed are given. In case anyone is looking for the ways to reset Comcast email password, they can find them here as well.
Steps to change the password of Comcast email account
One can easily change the Comcast email account password by logging into the account first. Actually it highly recommended that the users change their password from time to time in order to increase the security of their account. The simple steps in which the Comcast email password can be changed are provided below.
- Sign in to your Comcast email account using your username and current password.
- When signed in successfully, take your cursor to the ‘My Account’ option and select the ‘users’ tab.
- Under the ‘users’ tab you will find the ‘Xfinity Access’ tab. Under this tab, tap on ‘password’ option present and click on the ‘edit’ option.
- In the specified column, enter your current Comcast password and then a new password of your choice.
- You will have to confirm the new password by providing it again in the given field.
- Now, you can save the new password by clicking on the ‘save’ button.
- After the password changing process completes successfully, a confirmation page will appear on the screen stating that your password has been changed.
How to change a lost password of Comcast email account?
It is one thing to change a known password of any email account and totally other to change a password that you do not remember anymore. The lost or forgotten password of the Comcast email account can be changed by following the correct recovery steps. To help the users in recovering the lost password of their Comcast email account, the right steps for the same have been discussed below.
- Go to the official website of Comcast email idm.xfinity.com and click on the sign-in button.
- Now, tap on the ‘forgot password?’ link right below the sign-in button.
- You will be asked to enter your Comcast email username, email address or phone number related to the account. Enter these details correctly in the specified boxes.
- After providing all the asked details, click on the ‘continue’ button.
- You then need to enter the captcha as it appears on the screen.
- In the next step, you will be asked to select the method through which you want to recover your password.
- You can select any of the following method of your choice to reset Comcast email password:
- Email me: If you select this method you will receive a link to reset Comcast email password on the alternate email address
- Text me: If you select this method you will receive a code to reset Comcast email password on the registered phone number
- Call me: If you select this method you will receive a call containing the code to reset Comcast email password on the registered phone number
- Secret question: If you select this method you can answer your security questions to recover Comcast email password
- After selecting the option of your choice, click on the ‘continue’ button and follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
- You will be asked to enter the new password for your Comcast email account. Enter a new password and confirm it by typing again in the given boxes.
- After the password reset process completes successfully, a confirmation page will appear on the screen stating that your password has been reset.
How to create a strong password for Comcast email account?
There are some helpful tips given below to help users create a strong password for their Comcast email account and keep their account safe.
- Your password must be 8 to 24 characters long.
- Never use any personal information like your name, date of birth, their combination, etc as your password.
- Try using a combination of letters, numbers and special characters in your password.
- Avoid using same password for different accounts as if one account is hacked, the other accounts will also be prone to hacking.
- A password that you used earlier for Comcast email account, do not repeat the same password.
Hello Sir, I want to process for change my comcast email password