How to recover SBCGlobal password when you forgot it?
SBCGlobal is a popular email service with a large number of happy users around the globe. If you are also a user of SBCGlobal email then you might know that this service is now merged with AT&T. Just like other email services, SBCGlobal (AT&T) also uses the username and password combination to protect its users. However, it is not at all rare to see different users forgetting their passwords every now and then. Thankfully, it is very easy to get your lost SBCGlobal password back.
To get your SBCGlobal password back, all you have to do is prove that you are the legitimate owner of that particular email account. Go through this, if you are unable to log in to your SBCGlobal account. Here, we will provide you all the necessary details about SBCGlobal password recovery along with all the required steps. Apart from this, we will also give you some tips to keep your SBCGlobal email account safe.
How to recover SBCGlobal password?
As stated earlier, for recovering your password, you will have to prove that you are the legitimate owner of the account that you are looking to recover. At the same time, you must know the fact that it is not possible to get exactly the same password that you were using previously. For security reasons, SBCGlobal allows you to reset the password and create a new one only. The step by step process to reset SBCGlobal password is as follows.
Recover SBCGlobal email password
- First of all, you will have to visit the official login page of SBCGlobal (AT&T login page).
- On the login window, you will have to click on the “Forgot password” button that will appear at the bottom.
- Then, on the next page, you need to provide your SBCGlobal email address and your last name. Here, you should submit the data by entering the captcha code appearing on this page.
- After that, you will have to choose the method of receiving a temporary password. Here, you can either select the option of receiving a temporary password on your phone number or on your alternate email ID.
- Check your phone or alternate email ID to get the temporary password depending on the option you have selected in the previous step.
- Next, you should enter the temporary password accurately. You can copy the temporary password and paste the same for more accuracy.
- The option to create a new SBCGlobal email password will appear on your screen as soon as you enter the temp. password.
- Now, choose an easy-to-remember yet strong password for your SBCGlobal email account.
- You may now check your new login credentials by signing in to your SBCGlobal account.
What are the steps to recover SBCGlobal email password without the Phone number and alternate email address?
As you can see if you have a phone number or an alternate email ID associated with your account then it is very easy to recover an SBCGlobal email password. However, things can be very complicated if none of these are linked with your account. In such a situation, answering security questions is the only option you are left with. Let’s check out the complete process
- To begin with, you need to visit the login page of SBCGlobal email (AT&T).
- Click on the “Forget Password” link appearing at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you will have to enter your SBCGlobal email Id and your last name.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the “Submit” button from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, the option of receiving a temporary password will appear. As you can’t receive the same, you have to choose the option of answering the security question.
- Next, you need to answer the security question linked with your account in the most accurate way possible.
- If you answer the security question correctly then the option of creating a new password will display.
- Provide a new strong password for your SBCGlobal email account. The password should be easy to remember for you but tough for others to guess.
How to change SBCGlobal email password?
It is usually recommended that you should change your SBCGlobal email password regularly. The process to do so is quite easy.
- First and foremost, you will have to log into your SBCGlobal email account.
- Once you are done logging in, you will have to choose the “Change Password” option.
- Enter the new password for your SBCGlobal account.
- For confirmation, you will have to enter your new password one more time.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to change your password.
What is the process to update SBCGlobal security questions and answers?
Just like changing your password regularly, it is also a smart idea to update your security questions and answer. These security questions are really helpful at the time of recovering your password. The steps to do the same are as follows.
- First of all, you are required to sign in by entering your current username and password.
- Click on the “Profile” button after that you need to click on the “Sign-in info”.
- Now, go to the online security questions section, select “change security questions”.
- Answer the security question carefully and save the information.
SBCGlobal Password Requirements
Whenever you change your SBCGlobal email password or reset the same, you have to make sure that the password meets the following requirements.
- You have to make sure that your SBCGlobal password is not the same as your email ID.
- The length of your password should be between 8 characters to 24 characters.
- Your password must not have all letters or all numbers.
- The SBCGlobal password should include a mix of letters and numbers.
- You can not use your first name or last name as your SBCGlobal email password.
- You can not set AT&T (SBCGlobal) account number as your password.
- Your SBCGlobal password can have the following things – uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, + (plus), = (equal), # (hashtag), ? (question mark), * (asterisk), $ (dollar sign), ! (exclamation point), _ (underscore), or – (hyphen)
Tips to keep your SBCGlobal email account safe
Here are some tips that you should keep the account of your SBCGlobal safe.
- Try to make a longer password
- Don’t use common words in your SBCGlobal email password.
- Never share your password with anyone under any condition.
- Avoid using the same password again and again.
- Stay away from obvious series like 1234, abcd, etc.
I am not receiving temporary password even after multiple tries. I can’t remember my security question as well. Can you please help me?