How to reset Bellsouth Password?
Reset Bellsouth Password: Bellsouth was one of the most prestigious Internet services in the United States. This service is now merged with AT&T. Along with the Internet, it also offers an email service that is quite popular. The overall review of the Bellsouth email service is quite positive. It has got all the features that we expect from a good email service. However, it is also a fact that with the presence of other email services like Gmail, Outlook, most of us don’t use Bellsouth email as our primary email account. This results in a large number of users forgetting their passwords. But, the good thing is that it is quite easy to reset Bellsouth password if you know the right process to do so. In this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the Bellsouth password recovery.
How to reset Bellsouth email password?
Most of the email services are very strict as far as the security of their accounts is concerned. They never let a user login without verifying their identity. The same is the case with Bellsouth. It will never let you sign-in unless you enter the correct password. In case you can’t remember your password then you have to confirm your identity then only you will be able to reset the same. Given below are the steps to recover Bellsouth password.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of AT&T webmail.
- Then, you need to click on the “Forget Password” link available at the bottom of the login window.
- After that, you have to enter your complete Bellsouth email address and last name.
- Apart from this, you are also required to enter the captcha code from the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you will be asked to enter the method of Bellsouth email password recovery.
- Here, you have to select the method by which you want to receive the password recovery code.
- Then, you will receive the password recovery code either on your phone number or alternate email Id.
- Login to your alternate email or check your phone and copy the password recovery code received.
- Enter the recovery code that you have received either on your phone and email address.
- As soon as you enter the password recovery code, the option to create a new password will appear on your screen.
- Then, you have to enter a strong and easy-to-remember password.
- After that, just click on the “Save” button.
What are the steps to reset the Bellsouth email password without a phone number or email ID?
The situation can be a bit more problematic in case you don’t have a phone number or email address linked with your Bellsouth email account. In such cases, you may follow the steps given below in order to reset the password.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the AT&T login and click on the “Forget password” link.
- Then, enter your complete Bellsouth email ID and your last name.
- Enter the Captcha code that will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- After that, you will be asked to choose the method of how you want to recover the password.
- As don’t have a phone a password recovery option added to your account, you need to select the option to answer the security questions.
- Then, provide accurate answer to the security question linked with your account.
- Make sure you don’t make any typing mistake while entering the answer to your security question.
- In case you enter the correct answer to the security question then you will get the option to create a new password.
- Enter a new password to your Bellsouth email account.
Tips and requirements of Bellsouth email password
Whenever you change Bellsouth email password or reset the same. You are required to provide a new password for your Bellsouth email account. Given below are the specifications that must be fulfilled by the password you will enter.
- The Bellsouth mail password should not be the same as your Bellsouth email ID.
- The length of your password should be at least 8 characters.
- Remember, longer the password you use safer it will be for you to use the internet. Bellsouth email allows you to keep the password as long as 24 characters.
- Make sure the password is not all letters or all numbers.
- The password should be a good mix of letters and numbers.
- Also, ensure that the password you use doesn’t include your first or last name.
- The password must not be your account number or email address.
- Your password can include any of the following symbols – Uppercase and lowercase letters, Numbers, + (plus), = (equal), # (hashtag), ? (question mark), * (asterisk), $ (dollar sign), ! (exclamation point), _ (underscore), – (hyphen).
Reset Bellsouth Password without Phone Number
- Go to official page of AT&T and tap on ‘forgot password’.
- Provide your user id and last name and the captcha and press ‘Continue’.
- You can either answer your security question or ask for a temporary password.
- Select the way you want to receive the temporary password- SMS or email.
- Login using the temporary password received and create a new password.